[Auscope-geosciml] RE: GeoSciML mapping file

Bruce.Simons at dpi.vic.gov.au Bruce.Simons at dpi.vic.gov.au
Mon Apr 27 19:14:44 EDT 2009

This was the work that I had hoped PIRSA and GA were going to do after the
August GGIC meeting.  Unfortunately it didn't eventuate.
I will be on leave for all of May and involved with the AuScope Roadshow
for most of June, so am unable to progress this until next financial year.

Can I suggest that during May Gilly work with PIRSA, Terry, and Florence
to come up with a draft modified version of the Boreholes model that meets
the PIRSA requirements? In this time period, Simon may be able to assist
Gilly with the process, before he becomes unavailable.   Bruce Goleby or
Dale Percival from Geoscience Australia have also indicated that they are
willing to participate to bring in petroleum well expertise.

It may be possible to get agreement on a draft GeoSciML v3.0  with the
GeoSciML comunity prior to their September meeting.  This would allow
establishing the PIRSA services as part of a 'testbed' for the new
Borehole model.

Thoughts?

Bruce Simons
GeoScience Victoria
EARTH RESOURCES DIVISION
Department of Primary Industries
Melbourne, Victoria
AUSTRALIA

<Guillaume.Duclaux at csiro.au>
27/04/2009 05:28 PM

<Simon.Cox at csiro.au>, <Bruce.Simons at dpi.vic.gov.au>
cc
<Florence.Tan at csiro.au>, <Gerrard.Christie at saugov.sa.gov.au>,
<Jenkins.Gregory at saugov.sa.gov.au>, <Peter.Warren at csiro.au>,
<Ryan.Fraser at csiro.au>, <auscope-geosciml at lists.arcs.org.au>
Subject
RE: GeoSciML mapping file

The PIRSA borehole database' mapping exercise offers a great starting
point for targeting the required reworking of gsml:Borehole. Bruce already
pointed out some major ones.
We could generate some object diagrams for some real cases define in the
borehole db and see where the major drawbacks are.
Is there any record of the meeting you guys had in Melbourne about
gsml:Borehole?

Gilly

Dr Guillaume Duclaux
Structural Geologist/Modeller
CSIRO Exploration and Mining
Visiting address: 6G13, ARRC, 26 Dick Perry Avenue, Kensington, WA, 6151
Postal address: PO Box 1130, Bentley, Western Australia, 6102, Australia