[Auscope-geosciml] RE: GeoSciML mapping file

Bruce.Simons at dpi.vic.gov.au Bruce.Simons at dpi.vic.gov.au
Thu Apr 30 03:03:18 EDT 2009

Hi John
I'm not sure any of us are in a position to carry out a full analysis.
I propose that the AuScope National Virtual Core Library look at what
their requirements are. Gilly, who is standing in for Simon during his
absence, could lead this task.

These requirements could then form the basis for reviewing the current
model.
Simon has suggested:
As part of the re-working, I suggest moving the GSML Borehole model into
its own namespace.
That way its maintenance is not hostage to the rest of GSML (and vice
versa).

This seems an excellent idea.  I would also suggest establishing a
specific Borehole Model Design team to work independent of, but in
cooperation with, Ollie's Model design team.  This is sort of how the
Borehole Modelling was being done anyway.

GeoScience Victoria
EARTH RESOURCES DIVISION
Department of Primary Industries
Melbourne, Victoria
AUSTRALIA

"Laxton, John L" <jll at bgs.ac.uk>
Sent by: auscope-geosciml-bounces at lists.arcs.org.au
29/04/2009 08:35 PM
Please respond to
auscope-geosciml at lists.arcs.org.au

"auscope-geosciml at lists.arcs.org.au" <auscope-geosciml at lists.arcs.org.au>
cc

Subject
[Auscope-geosciml] RE: GeoSciML mapping file

Folks,

I think we were all aware that the current GSML Borehole model was fairly
rudimentary but if we are going to embark on a comprehensive revision and
enhancement do we not need to gather a full requirements specification at
the outset?