[Auscope-geosciml] compositionPart role

Laxton, John L jll at bgs.ac.uk
Tue Aug 11 12:06:27 EDT 2009

Folks,

Do we need a distinct vocabulary of terms for GeologicUnit.CompositionPart.role? We have vocabularies for both GeologicUnit.GeologicUnitPart.role and EarthMaterial.ConstituentPart.role, but GeologicUnit.CompositionPart.role is intermediate in scale between these. That said looking at the Geologic Unit Part role vocabulary it contains terms like 'xenolith' which are more applicable to GeologicUnit.CompositionPart.role than GeologicUnit.GeologicUnitPart.role so maybe we just use that vocabulary for GeologicUnit.CompositionPart.role as well as GeologicUnit.GeologicUnitPart.role. Is everyone happy with that?

John

John Laxton
British Geological Survey
Murchison House