[Auscope-geosciml] RE : RE : How to use gsml:Metadata elements?[SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Ryan Clark ryan.clark.j at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 12:27:19 EDT 2009

It would appear that the gsml:metadata element only allows content
by-reference. This is difficult for me to deal with in the context of using
Geoserver to build a GeoSciML WFS. Instead it looks like I'll try and put
the feature-level metadata content in the gml:metaDataProperty element.
However I'm not sure if I'm reading the schema correctly.

    <d1:complexType name="MetaDataPropertyType">
    <d1:annotation>
      <d1:documentation>Base type for complex metadata property types.</
d1:documentation>
    </d1:annotation>
    <d1:choice minOccurs="0">
      <d1:element ref="gml:_MetaData"/>
      <d1:any processContents="lax"/>
    </d1:choice>
    <d1:attributeGroup ref="gml:AssociationAttributeGroup"/>
    <d1:attribute name="about" type="anyURI" use="optional"/>

Does the <d1:any processContents="lax"/> mean what it sounds like it means?
That is, could I put anything into this element and it would be okay?

Thanks,
Ryan