[Auscope-geosciml] RE : RE : How to use gsml:Metadataelements?[SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Mon Aug 17 12:35:14 EDT 2009

yes and no.

lax means "if the validator can find a element it can validate, it will, otherwise, it will assume it's ok".  So if you put something in there the validator has a schema for, it will try to validate it.

________________________________

De : auscope-geosciml-bounces at lists.arcs.org.au [mailto:auscope-geosciml-bounces at lists.arcs.org.au] De la part de Ryan Clark
Envoyé : 17 août 2009 12:27
À : auscope-geosciml at lists.arcs.org.au
Objet : Re: [Auscope-geosciml] RE : RE : How to use gsml:Metadataelements?[SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

It would appear that the gsml:metadata element only allows content by-reference. This is difficult for me to deal with in the context of using Geoserver to build a GeoSciML WFS. Instead it looks like I'll try and put the feature-level metadata content in the gml:metaDataProperty element. However I'm not sure if I'm reading the schema correctly.

    <d1:complexType name="MetaDataPropertyType">
    <d1:annotation>
      <d1:documentation>Base type for complex metadata property types.</d1:documentation>
    </d1:annotation>
    <d1:choice minOccurs="0">
      <d1:element ref="gml:_MetaData"/>
      <d1:any processContents="lax"/>
    </d1:choice>
    <d1:attributeGroup ref="gml:AssociationAttributeGroup"/>
    <d1:attribute name="about" type="anyURI" use="optional"/>

Does the <d1:any processContents="lax"/> mean what it sounds like it means? That is, could I put anything into this element and it would be okay?

Thanks,
Ryan