[Auscope-geosciml] QuebecF2F2009-- side bar on CSW catalog implementation - OGC follow up? [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au
Wed Aug 26 02:46:08 EDT 2009

Hi all,

In a fortuitous accident of timing, Mark Reichardt (CEO of OGC) was visiting GA today.  In talking about our experiences with WMS, WFS, and CSW, he encouraged us (the GeoSciML community) to document our discussions at Quebec and forward any ideas and best practice recommendations that we come up with to OGC for inclusion as an agenda item at the OGC Technical meeting in Darmstadt, Germany on 28 Sept - 2 October (http://www.opengeospatial.org/event/0909tc).

He suggested that we have a technical representative from our architecture group teleconference to Darmstadt during that agenda item.  We would need to reserve a time slot in the Darstadt agenda that is convenient for the relative time zones.

Would any of our more technically-minded people (maybe Eric, or Jean-Jacques, or Steve) like to take up this opportunity to influence OGC practices?

National Advice,  Maps and Standards Project

Ph: (02) 62499575 | Fax: (02) 62499992 | Email: Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au
Web:  http://www.ga.gov.au/minerals/research/national/nat_maps/nat_geol_maps.jsp
Google Map

-- This message was created with 100% recycled electrons --