[Auscope-geosciml] GeologicUnit composition, geologicHistory in Geoserver

Simon Cox simon.cox at jrc.ec.europa.eu
Mon Aug 31 13:37:03 EDT 2009

This pattern - each property-element can only contain one Object-element -
is a consequence of the UML-XMl encoding rule defined for GML Application
schemas. You should not be tempted to manually tweak the XML schema - it is
automaticaly generated using the rule. Occassionally that might make the XML
more verbose than a hand-crafted schema, but in general we believe that the
regularity more than outweighs this consideration.

Simon Cox

European Commission, Joint Research Centre
Institute for Environment and Sustainability
Spatial Data Infrastructures Unit, TP 262
Via E. Fermi, 2749, I-21027 Ispra (VA), Italy
Tel: +39 0332 78 3652
Fax: +39 0332 78 6325
 <mailto:simon.cox at jrc.ec.europa.eu> mailto:simon.cox at jrc.ec.europa.eu
 <http://ies.jrc.ec.europa.eu/simon-cox>