[Auscope-geosciml] Which O&M version for GeoSciML - a follow up [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au
Mon Oct 19 00:09:59 EDT 2009

Hi Modellers,

Back in August, I didn't get any feedback from anyone except Simon about the implications of changes for GeologicSpecimens and SurveyProcedure between the old OGC and new ISO versions of O&M.

The one main difference for us I think is that there would be no direct link in ISO O&M from GeologicSpecimen to SurveyProcedure.  This means you have to encode a related spatial sampling feature (like a sampling point outcrop or a sampling curve borehole) to deliver survey details for a specimen.  Personally, I have softened my initial concerns with the OGC-to-ISO change - a specimen should logically come from an outcrop or a borehole or some other related sampling device.

Is everyone OK with this change, and we can move GeologicSpecimen to the new ISO version of O&M?

ISO O&M class diagram:
[cid:image001.jpg at 01CA50CE.2D17F3F0]

National Advice,  Maps and Standards Project

Ph: (02) 62499575 | Fax: (02) 62499992 | Email: Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au
Web:  http://www.ga.gov.au/minerals/research/national/nat_maps/nat_geol_maps.jsp<http://www.ga.gov.au/geoscience/national>

Google Map<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=canberra+australia&ie=UTF8&ll=-35.344028,149.158362&spn=0.007684,0.016404&t=h&z=17&iwloc=addr&om=1>

-- This message was created with 100% recycled electrons --