[Auscope-geosciml] Alteration vocabularies [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au
Mon Oct 19 01:59:48 EDT 2009

Hi Steve,

I've attached some lookup tables from GA for hydrothermal alteration that might be added to the weathering vocabularies for AlterationDescription in GeoSciML3.

Also, we use a few additional attributes for describing alteration that the modelling team may be interested in adding to the AlterationDescription class:

- Alteration Scale - eg; mm, cm, m, km
- Alteration Texture - eg; cockade, colloform, comb, dog tooth, fibrous, bladed, banded, vuggy, saccharoidal, opaline, laminated, massive (Would have to define this well to separate it from AlterationDistribution)
- Alteration Controlling Fabric or Structure - eg; foliation, bedding, shearing, faulting, brecciation

Any thoughts?

National Advice,  Maps and Standards Project

Ph: (02) 62499575 | Fax: (02) 62499992 | Email: Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au
Web:  http://www.ga.gov.au/minerals/research/national/nat_maps/nat_geol_maps.jsp<http://www.ga.gov.au/geoscience/national>

Google Map<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=canberra+australia&ie=UTF8&ll=-35.344028,149.158362&spn=0.007684,0.016404&t=h&z=17&iwloc=addr&om=1>

-- This message was created with 100% recycled electrons --