[Auscope-geosciml] Alteration vocabularies [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Bruce.Simons at dpi.vic.gov.au Bruce.Simons at dpi.vic.gov.au
Mon Oct 19 21:19:05 EDT 2009

- Not quite.  It’s about relating the alteration in a geologic unit to
some structure.  Only if the unit type is an AlterationUnit would the
entire unit be related to an alteration-controlling structure.  For
instance, alteration in a LithostratigraphicUnit might be only a small
feature of the unit as a whole.  So I would keep this relation with
AlterationDescription, not GeologicUnit.  Alternately, I would have to
create a GeologicUnitPart/AlterationUnit for the altered unit parts - that
may be OK for some, but I don’t think GA’s data would support that.

OK. So the association is between the AlterationDescription and the
definingStructure:GeologicStructure.

Bruce

GeoScience Victoria
EARTH RESOURCES DIVISION
Department of Primary Industries
Melbourne, Victoria
AUSTRALIA

<Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au>
Sent by: auscope-geosciml-bounces at lists.arcs.org.au
20/10/2009 12:05 PM
Please respond to
auscope-geosciml at lists.arcs.org.au

<auscope-geosciml at lists.arcs.org.au>
cc

Subject
Re: [Auscope-geosciml] Alteration vocabularies [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

see below

National Advice,  Maps and Standards Project

Ph: (02) 62499575 | Fax: (02) 62499992 | Email: Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au
Web:
http://www.ga.gov.au/minerals/research/national/nat_maps/nat_geol_maps.jsp
Google Map

-- This message was created with 100% recycled electrons --