[Auscope-geosciml] Alteration vocabularies [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au
Mon Oct 19 21:22:56 EDT 2009

I like that.

From: auscope-geosciml-bounces at lists.arcs.org.au [mailto:auscope-geosciml-bounces at lists.arcs.org.au] On Behalf Of Bruce.Simons at dpi.vic.gov.au
Sent: Tuesday, 20 October 2009 12:19 PM
To: auscope-geosciml at lists.arcs.org.au
Subject: Re: [Auscope-geosciml] Alteration vocabularies [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

- Not quite.  It’s about relating the alteration in a geologic unit to some structure.  Only if the unit type is an AlterationUnit would the entire unit be related to an alteration-controlling structure.  For instance, alteration in a LithostratigraphicUnit might be only a small feature of the unit as a whole.  So I would keep this relation with AlterationDescription, not GeologicUnit.  Alternately, I would have to create a GeologicUnitPart/AlterationUnit for the altered unit parts - that may be OK for some, but I don’t think GA’s data would support that.

OK. So the association is between the AlterationDescription and the definingStructure:GeologicStructure.

Bruce

GeoScience Victoria
EARTH RESOURCES DIVISION
Department of Primary Industries
Melbourne, Victoria
AUSTRALIA

<Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au>
Sent by: auscope-geosciml-bounces at lists.arcs.org.au

20/10/2009 12:05 PM
Please respond to
auscope-geosciml at lists.arcs.org.au

<auscope-geosciml at lists.arcs.org.au>

cc

Subject

Re: [Auscope-geosciml] Alteration vocabularies [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

see below

National Advice,  Maps and Standards Project

Ph: (02) 62499575 | Fax: (02) 62499992 | Email: Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au
Web:  http://www.ga.gov.au/minerals/research/national/nat_maps/nat_geol_maps.jsp<http://www.ga.gov.au/geoscience/national>

Google Map<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=canberra+australia&ie=UTF8&ll=-35.344028,149.158362&spn=0.007684,0.016404&t=h&z=17&iwloc=addr&om=1>

-- This message was created with 100% recycled electrons --