[Auscope-geosciml] GeologicSpecimen - SamplingMethod problem?

stephen richard steve.richard at azgs.az.gov
Tue Oct 20 14:00:59 EDT 2009

Problem with samplingMethod.  *samplingMethod*:
SFN_Specimen.samplingMethod has type OM_Process. OM_Process is abstract,
and doesn't seem to have any properties by inheritance, rather it is
modeled as instance of GF_FeatureType, so by implication carries a
typeName and definition. I think we need a concrete subtype of
OM_Process for geologic sampling procedures--one that at least allows
ScopedName for the prodedure type so controlledVocabulary can be used.