[Auscope-geosciml] ISO Specimen change request - for comment before submission to ISO [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Bruce.Simons at dpi.vic.gov.au Bruce.Simons at dpi.vic.gov.au
Wed Oct 21 19:02:00 EDT 2009

Ollie,
I suggest removing the '?' after ScopedName - let's be clear that the
attribute is 'specimenType' of Datatype = 'ScopedName' of cardinality 1..1
I would also suggest adding a definition/description for the property
including some non-geological examples "Property to specify the type of
specimen. Examples: drill core, hand specimen, thin section, water sample,
animal, plant, blood, etc"

Bruce

GeoScience Victoria
EARTH RESOURCES DIVISION
Department of Primary Industries
Melbourne, Victoria
AUSTRALIA

<Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au>
Sent by: auscope-geosciml-bounces at lists.arcs.org.au
22/10/2009 09:18 AM
Please respond to
auscope-geosciml at lists.arcs.org.au

<auscope-geosciml at lists.arcs.org.au>
cc
Chris.Body at ga.gov.au
Subject
[Auscope-geosciml] ISO Specimen change request - for comment before
submission to ISO [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Hi all,

Following yesterday’s email discussions re Specimen, I have prepared a
very short submission to ISO to add specimenType to the O&M Specimen
class.

Please read and provide any comment (even a one word “agree” or “disagree”
would help).  I plan to submit it on behalf of the GeoSciML team in the
next few days if everyone agrees.

Thanks,

National Advice,  Maps and Standards Project

Ph: (02) 62499575 | Fax: (02) 62499992 | Email: Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au
Web:
http://www.ga.gov.au/minerals/research/national/nat_maps/nat_geol_maps.jsp
Google Map

-- This message was created with 100% recycled electrons --

 [attachment "Comments_SN_Specimen.rtf" deleted by Bruce
Auscope-geosciml mailing list
Auscope-geosciml at lists.arcs.org.au