[Auscope-geosciml] RE : GeoSciML v2.1 and FullMoon [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Fri Oct 30 05:12:37 EDT 2009

What about Alteration ?  And to be fair, we also need to update the Fullmoon generated documentation.
I guess if the people who want to test changes need the schema asap, the manual changes are the quickest way.

François, how much work is involved to link to the new HollowWorld ?

De: auscope-geosciml-bounces at lists.arcs.org.au de la part de Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au
Date: ven. 2009-10-30 01:38
À: auscope-geosciml at lists.arcs.org.au
Cc: Létourneau, François
Objet : Re: [Auscope-geosciml] GeoSciML v2.1 and FullMoon [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Hi Francois and everone,

I have been struggling with what to do with the v2.1 model.  The original plan was:

1. add "faultType" to the v2.0 UML,

2. re-export the XMI,

3. re-generate schema through FullMoon.

Unfortunately, the refactoring of HollowWorld since we made the v2.0 UML has thrown a spanner in the works, requiring (I think) a rebuild of the v2.0 UML to re-establish links with the new HollowWorld before we can run it through FullMoon.

So, I thought "why don't we just manually add the faultType attribute to the geologicStructure.xsd file"?  It appears to be about 5 lines of code only, and it's a 5 minute job.  (See attached file)

Can anyone tell me if there is anything wrong with this solution and the attached file?  It would save me a lot of grief, and I could move on to the v3.0 UML development instead of mucking around with the v2.1 model.

National Advice,  Maps and Standards Project

Ph: (02) 62499575 | Fax: (02) 62499992 | Email: Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au

Web:  http://www.ga.gov.au/minerals/research/national/nat_maps/nat_geol_maps.jsp <http://www.ga.gov.au/minerals/research/national/nat_maps/nat_geol_maps.jsp>  <http://www.ga.gov.au/geoscience/national>

Google Map <http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=canberra+australia&ie=UTF8&ll=-35.344028,149.158362&spn=0.007684,0.016404&t=h&z=17&iwloc=addr&om=1>

-- This message was created with 100% recycled electrons --