[Auscope-geosciml] RE : CGI Value abomination [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Stephen M Richard steve.richard at azgs.az.gov
Thu Sep 3 14:34:23 EDT 2009

ScopedName is intended to account for controlled concepts, but we need
to make it clear that the 'name' in that case is the URI for the
concept, the codespace is the URI for the containing vocabulary (or do
we pick a different convention?), and establish an operational way to
resolve these URI's. These are application profile and architecture issues.
steve

Simon Cox wrote:
> Yes - I still strongly urge y'all to attempt a 'cull' of the soft-typed
> values,
> and replace them with ScopedName (this _is_ ControlledConcept Steve!) or
> Measure wherever possible.
> As Eric points out, you can actually write filters against those.

> Simon Cox
>
> European Commission, Joint Research Centre,
> Institute for Environment and Sustainability,
> Spatial Data Infrastructures Unit, TP 262
> Via E. Fermi, 2749, I-21027 Ispra (VA), Italy
> Tel: +39 0332 78 3652
> Fax: +39 0332 78 6325
> mailto:simon.cox at jrc.ec.europa.eu
> http://ies.jrc.ec.europa.eu/simon-cox