[Auscope-geosciml] Agenda shuffling [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Stephen M Richard steve.richard at azgs.az.gov
Fri Sep 4 11:12:46 EDT 2009


John-- I agree the SA and Data Model development are iterative, but I 
think having a clearer idea of the use cases and the SA to implement 
those will help prioritize that to work on in the Data Model, and help 
provide some constraints for making modeling decisions. I prefer SA first.
steve

Laxton, John L wrote:
>
> Folks,
>
>  
>
> I was suggested that the CDTG be moved from Wednesday (pm) to Tuesday 
> (pm) to accommodate Krstine. I don't have a problem with that as long 
> as no-one strongly objects to the Data Model session being split in 
> this way.
>
>  
>
> I think moving Service Architecture to the start of the week at this 
> stage would cause more problems. Apart from Kristine only being 
> available for Monday and Tuesday, Simon Pen (from TNO) was intending 
> to come for the first three days on the basis of the current agenda 
> and I suspect may have now booked travel on this basis. In any case I 
> would have thought we need to establish what we are trying to do in 
> terms of the data model before we discuss how to do it in the SA. OK 
> it is all very iterative, but it strikes me there is a logic of 
> agreeing use cases which leads to an extended data model which leads 
> to issues of how that can be implemented. It also needs to be 
> remembered that WFS isn't the only application of GeoSciML - the 
> requirement to bundle up a map as GeoSciML, along with relevant 
> ControlledConcepts, and deliver it to a customer independent of any 
> web service is also an important requirement.
>
>  
>
> John
>
>  
>
> *From:* auscope-geosciml-bounces at lists.arcs.org.au 
> [mailto:auscope-geosciml-bounces at lists.arcs.org.au] *On Behalf Of 
> *Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au
> *Sent:* 04 September 2009 03:01
> *To:* auscope-geosciml at lists.arcs.org.au
> *Subject:* Re: [Auscope-geosciml] Agenda shuffling [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
>
>  
>
> The draft agenda 
> https://www.seegrid.csiro.au/twiki/bin/view/CGIModel/QuebecF2F2009#Outline_agenda_provisional 
> has CDTG on at Wed PM.  Does it have to be on Wed AM to accommodate 
> Kristine? 
>
>  
>
> And with Service Architecture issues assuming a greater importance in 
> the current email traffic, I think we need to have SA discussions 
> prior to Model Design.  Perhaps something like this....?
>
>  
>
> Monday (am)     - Use Cases - LarsStolen 
> <https://www.seegrid.csiro.au/twiki/bin/view/Main/LarsStolen>
>
> Monday (pm)     - Service Architecture (including OneGeology 
> <https://www.seegrid.csiro.au/twiki/bin/edit/CGIModel/OneGeology?topicparent=CGIModel.QuebecF2F2009> 
> -Europe Architecture & Services implementation)
>
> Tuesday (am)    - Service Architecture continued
>
> Tuesday (pm)    - Data Model (Design) - OliverRaymond 
> <https://www.seegrid.csiro.au/twiki/bin/view/Main/OliverRaymond>
>
> Wednesday (am) - Data Model (Design) - OliverRaymond 
> <https://www.seegrid.csiro.au/twiki/bin/view/Main/OliverRaymond>
>
> Wednesday (pm) -  Concept Definitions - SteveRichard 
> <https://www.seegrid.csiro.au/twiki/bin/view/Main/SteveRichard>
>
> Thursday           - Data Model (Design) - OliverRaymond 
> <https://www.seegrid.csiro.au/twiki/bin/view/Main/OliverRaymond>
>
>  
>
> Do we need Simon's expertise in attendance (only mornings via Skype) 
> for all SA the discussions?
>
>  
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ollie
>
>  
>
> /------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------/
>
> /Ollie Raymond
> National Advice,  Maps and Standards Project/
>
> */Geoscience Australia/*
>
> */ /*
>
> *Address:* GPO Box 378, Canberra, ACT, 2601, Australia *|* *ABN:* 80 
> 091 799 039
>
> *Ph:* (02) 62499575 *|* *Fax:* (02) 62499992 *|* *Email: 
> *Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au
>
> *Web:*  
> http://www.ga.gov.au/minerals/research/national/nat_maps/nat_geol_maps.jsp
>
> *Google Map 
> <http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=canberra+australia&ie=UTF8&ll=-35.344028,149.158362&spn=0.007684,0.016404&t=h&z=17&iwloc=addr&om=1> 
> *
>
>  
>
> -- This message was created with 100% recycled electrons --
>
>  
>
>  
>
> -----Original Message-----
> *From:* Stephen M Richard [mailto:steve.richard at azgs.az.gov]
> *Sent:* Friday, 4 September 2009 5:37 AM
> *To:* Boisvert, Eric; Bruce.Simons at dpi.vic.gov.au; Raymond Oliver
> *Subject:* Re: TR: Agenda shuffling
>
>  
>
> Eric--as far as I know, the CDTG is still on for Wed am. Kristine Asch 
> will leave Wed pm according to her most recent e-mail.  Bruce, 
> Ollie--is this your understanding as well?
> steve
>
> Boisvert, Eric wrote:
>
>  
>

-- 
Stephen M. Richard
Section Chief, Geoinformatics
Arizona Geological Survey
416 W. Congress St., #100
Tucson, Arizona, 85701 USA

Phone: 
Office: (520) 209-4127
Reception: (520) 770-3500 
FAX: (520) 770-3505

email: steve.richard at azgs.az.gov

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.opengeospatial.org/pipermail/geosciml/attachments/20090904/99a39bc6/attachment.htm>


More information about the GeoSciML mailing list