[Auscope-geosciml] URN / URL identifiers and resolution

Sen, Marcus A mase at bgs.ac.uk
Mon Sep 7 04:54:16 EDT 2009

Well some argue that it is good for that see e.g. http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/URNsAndRegistries-50.html

Other docs to bear in mind during this URI resolver discussion (although I don't think there is a single definitive answer) are Architecture of the World Wide Web document http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-webarch-20041215/ and some of the other current issues and draft findings of the W3C Technical Architecture Group (http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/). I'm sure some of you are already aware of these documents but I think it is worth making sure everyone bears them in mind while discussing how we want to approach these issues in our work.

Marcus Sen