[Auscope-geosciml] boo-boo in GeologicEvent

Simon Cox simon.cox at jrc.ec.europa.eu
Fri Sep 25 08:30:13 EDT 2009

Yes - TM_Period is about a discrete interval, not uncertainty.

There is also the matter of whether 'age' means
- position on a timeline, a coordinate
   - the conventional origins make this a negative number for most
geological events
- amount of time embodied in (or 'since') the event, a quantity

I.e. interval- vs. ratio-scale.

Simon

Simon Cox

European Commission, Joint Research Centre,
Institute for Environment and Sustainability,
Spatial Data Infrastructures Unit, TP 262
Via E. Fermi, 2749, I-21027 Ispra (VA), Italy
Tel: +39 0332 78 3652
Fax: +39 0332 78 6325
mailto:simon.cox at jrc.ec.europa.eu
http://ies.jrc.ec.europa.eu/simon-cox