[Auscope-geosciml] GeoSciML 2.1 ShearDisplacementStructure problem [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Bruce.Simons at dpi.vic.gov.au Bruce.Simons at dpi.vic.gov.au
Sun Aug 1 20:03:52 EDT 2010

This is not just a 1GE issue.  If GeoSciML v2.1 is to be our production
standard until v3.x is released (still sometime off given we haven't
tested it yet) then it needs it needs to meet not just the 1GE
requirements but all the GeoSciML v2.0 use cases.  Fault, DuctileShear and
FaultSystem were all included because it was felt they are required. In
fact I'm a little surprised that ShearDisplacementStructure isn't an
abstract class.

As such v2.1 needs to be able to deliver these classes and should be
modified accordingly.  1GE can continue as is without being affected.

Cheers
Bruce

<Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au>
Sent by: auscope-geosciml-bounces at lists.arcs.org.au
01/08/2010 04:25 PM
Please respond to
auscope-geosciml at lists.arcs.org.au

<auscope-geosciml at lists.arcs.org.au>
cc

Subject
Re: [Auscope-geosciml] GeoSciML 2.1     ShearDisplacementStructure problem
[SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Hi Marcus,

That's OK as long as all your 1GE co-workers also realise that the v2.1
faultType attribute only works for gsml21:ShearDisplacementStructure and
not Fault, DuctileShear, or FaultSystem.