[Auscope-geosciml] RE : problem with cgiUtilities Value.xsd?[SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Tue Aug 3 05:29:47 EDT 2010

I try to reproduce your error but XML-Spy is having a problem with the file:

File c:\temp\u.xsd is not valid.
 Character '<' is grammatically unexpected
  Reason: one of the following is expected (see below)
   '%'
   '<'
   '<!--'
   '<!ATTLIST'
   '<!ELEMENT'
   '<!ENTITY'
   '<!NOTATION'
   '<!['
   '<?'
  Details
   XML production: Production 'extSubsetDecl' not satisfied

sure.. '<' is not valid, '<' expected.

I get this often and the only explanation I have is some UTF-8 encoding issues.  Am I the only one with this problem ?. (checked a couple of files, and they all do this).  But, interesting enough, when I load the file from my local copy of the SVN, this problem does not show up, but other problem arises because they all use absolute paths to seegrid causing duplicate declarations.

Also, I have a question.  Why are the include path to other geosciml xsd absolute instead of relative ?