[Auscope-geosciml] RE : problem with cgiUtilitiesValue.xsd? [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au
Tue Aug 3 08:11:04 EDT 2010

see inline

________________________________
From: auscope-geosciml-bounces at lists.arcs.org.au [mailto:auscope-geosciml-bounces at lists.arcs.org.au] On Behalf Of Boisvert, Eric
Sent: Tuesday, 3 August 2010 9:44 PM
To: auscope-geosciml at lists.arcs.org.au
Subject: Re: [Auscope-geosciml] RE : problem with cgiUtilitiesValue.xsd? [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

>  I use a catalog.xml file which maps all URI paths for schemas to a local copy of the schemas

aww.  right, I forgot about this. thanks.  will do the same.

> Eric, I haven't seen the odd errors that you described.

Did you try XML-Spy ?   (OR - No, I don't have XML-Spy.)

>  If I make a local unversioned copy of the schemas, they validate fine.  But if I try to validate the schemas while they are in my local GeoSciML subversion location, I get duplicate declaration errors.  Does this mean Oxygen is processing the local file path and then the svn path as well, resulting in duplicate declarations errors?

Where does your catalog.xml points to ? svn or unversioned ?   (OR - Oh, of course.... my catalog.xml points to my unversioned copy, therefore Oxygen will try to read from two places if I try to validate the svn schemas.)

> 4.  What is best practice? Absolute or relative paths for includes and imports?

Did not see any debate about the pros and cons, but OGC schemas repository uses relative.
see http://schemas.opengis.net/gml/3.2.1/gml.xsd or http://schemas.opengis.net/gml/3.2.1/coverage.xsd for instance