[auscope-geosciml] problem with RockMaterial and FabricDescription

Stephen M Richard steve.richard at azgs.az.gov
Mon Aug 9 01:19:54 EDT 2010

  What is the logic for use of CGI_Term as the type for
RockMaterial.lithology or for FabricDescription.fabricType.  In both
cases the property is asserting a categorization of the described thing,
and I can't think of how a value qualifer fits. Did I miss some
discussion of this somewhere along the line?

I suggest that these should be byReference (hrefs to controlled
Vocabulary concepts), analogous to GeologicUnit.geologicUnitType,
MaterialRelation.materialRelationshipType, or
ParticleGeometryDescription.particleType.

Tucson, Arizona, 85701
USA
phone: (520) 770-3500.  FAX: (520) 770-3505
email: steve.richard at azgs.az.gov