[auscope-geosciml] problem with RockMaterial and FabricDescription

Stephen M Richard steve.richard at azgs.az.gov
Mon Aug 9 02:05:44 EDT 2010

  Gilly--the issue is that for some term value assignments, we commonly
qualify things-- mostly well consolidated, usually red... So for value
assignments that may be qualified, we have to use CGI term, because the
'value' of the controlled concept (the term.value, which is byReference)
is modified by the qualifier (also byReference).

We need to troll through the model again carefully to make sure the use
of CGI_Term is limited to those properties where qualfiers make sense.
I just noticed GeologicFeature.observationMethod is a CGI_Term..., not
sure that makes sense.

steve