[auscope-geosciml] changing schema in subversion tag [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au
Tue Aug 10 18:56:14 EDT 2010

Hi Steve,

Yes, my impression is that tags are meant to not change.  I am making any new changes to the UML model in trunk.

But in the case of adding gsml:shape to RC1, for purely pragmatic reasons (ie, having a useable schema available right now for testing) I have made the gsml:shape edit to the schema docs without going through a new RC of the UML.  Technically, that is a no-no, but going through a new RC process right now is not possible.

All the other manual edits to the RC1 schemas so far (eg; fixing swe:Quantity properties) have been because our UML->XML processing of the UML model was incorrect.  So the RC1 tag UML model does not need to be changed to match those schema changes.

National Advice, Maps and Data Standards Project
Geoscience Australia

GeoSciML Design Group

Ph: +61 2 62499575 | Fax: +61 2 62499992 | Email: Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au | Google Map
National geological maps  http://www.ga.gov.au/minerals/research/national/nat_maps/nat_geol_maps.jsp