[auscope-geosciml] changing schema in subversion tag

Ben Caradoc-Davies Ben.Caradoc-Davies at csiro.au
Tue Aug 10 21:56:25 EDT 2010

On 11/08/10 06:35, Stephen M Richard wrote:
>    Shouldn't we be making schema changes to a rc2 in trunk for GeoSciML
> in subversion?  I thought the idea of the tag directory was that things
> are locked once they get tagged (broken or not...).

Correct.

I note that tag protection was disabled on this repository in November
and is still disabled. Please email cg-admin at csiro.au if youse wish it
to be re-enabled.

Some projects have absolute references that need to be updated to refer
to a tag; under these circumstances the tag is made and immediately
updated as part of the tagging process. Tag protection prevents this.

> Probably we
> shouldn't be putting release candidates in the tag directory anyway?
> Maybe some subversion gurus could give us some guidance here (or set me
> straight at least)?

It is usual practice to tag release candidates.

If you are fixing content, you should be making these changes to trunk
or a maintenance branch.

Kind regards,
Ben.

Software Engineering Team Leader