[auscope-geosciml] GeologicUnit/CGI_NumericRange encoding [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au
Thu Aug 12 07:59:27 EDT 2010

Hi John

estimatedValue, bodyMorphology and unitComposition in the UML were meant to be mandatory but nillable, but as we found recently, FullMoon didn't process the nillable tags in the schema.  This applies to quite a few other attributes throughout the model.   We made the decision at Quebec to increase the number of mandatory (+/- nillable) elements in order to improve interoperability.  I have added a Rome agenda item for identification of what attributes should be mandatory but nillable.  I encourage everyone to nominate properties that should be on this list before Rome.

Could swe:Quantity/quality be mandatory best practice, but nillable, too? eg: <swe:quality xlink:href="http://www.opengis.net/def/nil/OGC/0/unknown"/>  This would add only one line to a swe:Quantity element, but I think it is a worthwhile line.