[auscope-geosciml] RE : Examples of operating GeoSciML WFS and clients

Alistair Ritchie alistair.bh.ritchie at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 21:54:02 EDT 2010

Hi Steve

No clients - except for OneGeology - but I do have the following services up and running:

Seamless Geology (GeoSciML 2.0)

Very simple services from our production databases. Have implemented working HTTP-URIs for feature IDs.

Units: http://gsv-ws.dpi.vic.gov.au/SeamlessGeology/GeoSciML/2.0/GeologicUnit/wfs

Contacts: http://gsv-ws.dpi.vic.gov.au/SeamlessGeology/GeoSciML/2.0/Contact/wfs

Shears: http://gsv-ws.dpi.vic.gov.au/SeamlessGeology/GeoSciML/2.0/ShearDisplacementStructure/wfs

Testbed Services

These have taken the production data and augmented it with sample data - some real, some fake - for test purposes. Shears have geologicHistories, units have parts and Minerals in their RockMaterials.

Units: http://gsv-ws.dpi.vic.au/testbed/geosciml/2.0/geologicunit/wfs

Contacts: http://gsv-ws.dpi.vic.au/testbed/geosciml/2.0/contact/wfs

Shears: http://gsv-ws.dpi.vic.au/testbed/geosciml/2.0/sheardisplacementstructure/wfs

There are the beginnings of GeoSciML 3.0 services on that server as well - substitute 3.0 for 2.0 in the above URLs. I haven't written the XSLT to create the v3.0 (GML 3.1.1) response yet so all you get is the 'private' deegree schema but ... hopefully I'll get something running over the next week. Hopefully.

Cheers
Alistair