[auscope-geosciml] [Auscope-geosciml] GeoSciML 2.1 ShearDisplacementStructure problem[SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Létourneau, François Francois.Letourneau at RNCan-NRCan.gc.ca
Mon Aug 23 11:41:49 EDT 2010

Hi Ollie,

I am back. Trying to "climb" on the top of the emails stack from auscope. I can look later to this issue and republish an updated documentation for v2.2

Cheers,

François

________________________________

De : auscope-geosciml-bounces at lists.arcs.org.au [mailto:auscope-geosciml-bounces at lists.arcs.org.au] De la part de Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au
Envoyé : 29 juillet 2010 02:41
À : auscope-geosciml at lists.arcs.org.au
Objet : [Auscope-geosciml] GeoSciML 2.1 ShearDisplacementStructure problem[SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Dear all,

Bruce's discovery highlighted a major issue with the v2.1 schemas.  The v2.1 schemas are valid, but wrong.

I have manually edited a copy of the v2.0 schemas to v2.2 (subversion tag/2.2).  The v2.2 schemas create correct fault and shear instances in the way that v2.1 was meant to.  The edits entailed changing references of "urn:cgi:xmlns:CGI:GeoSciML:2.0" to "urn:cgi:xmlns:CGI:GeoSciML:2.2" in all v2.0 schema headers, and adding the faultType attribute element to geologicStructure.xsd.

The new v2.2 schemas stand alone (ie, v2.2 GeoSciML does not import v2.0).

I did some checking of v2.0 instance docs using the v2.2 schemas.  The v2.0 instance docs maintain their validity if you just change the namespace and schema references from GeoSciML:2.0 to GeoSciML:2.2.

This issue also means that the UML for v2.1 is incorrect, and I will investigate making a stand-alone UML model for v2.2 that also does not import v2.0.  I think the problem with the v2.1 model appears to be that the subtyping of v2.0 ShearDisplacementStructure by v2.1 ShearDisplacementStructure was not valid due to v2.0 ShearDisplacementStructure already having subtypes (Fault, DuctileShearStructure, FaultSystem).

John, Tim, Marcus - could you please check the v2.2 schemas for your 1GE purposes.  You will need them if you want to deliver Faults with faultType.

Any objections to adding these v2.2 schemas to www.geosciml.org <http://www.geosciml.org/> ?  We won't be able to get HTML documentation until after Francois returns from holidays.

National Advice, Maps and Data Standards Project
Geoscience Australia

GeoSciML Design Group

Ph: +61 2 62499575 | Fax: +61 2 62499992 | Email: Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au <mailto:Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au>  | Google Map <http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=canberra+australia&ie=UTF8&ll=-35.344028,149.158362&spn=0.007684,0.016404&t=h&z=17&iwloc=addr&om=1>
National geological maps  http://www.ga.gov.au/minerals/research/national/nat_maps/nat_geol_maps.jsp <http://www.ga.gov.au/minerals/research/national/nat_maps/nat_geol_maps.jsp>
Geoscience Australia web services  http://www.ga.gov.au/resources/applications/ogc-wms.jsp <http://www.ga.gov.au/resources/applications/ogc-wms.jsp>