[auscope-geosciml] Fwd: R: Mistake in the svn use.

Ben Caradoc-Davies Ben.Caradoc-Davies at csiro.au
Thu Aug 26 21:53:49 EDT 2010

Done. Change committed in r3499.

The procedure for "reverse-merging" to revert a change is documented here:
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.branchmerge.basicmerging.html#svn.branchmerge.basicmerging.undo

This case is slightly more complicated as we are on a tag rather than
trunk, so I'll detail what I did for the benefit of users and admins.
The "#" lines are comments.

# checkout the tag
svn co
https://www.seegrid.csiro.au/subversion/GeoSciML/tags/3.0.0_rc1_gml3.1/

# go into the working directory (so we type less)
cd 3.0.0_rc1_gml3.1

# see the last ten commits
# (confirming r3498 is the one to be reverted)
svn log -l 10

# see what changed in r3498
svn diff -c 3498

# reverse-merge (note minus sign).
# this is a reverse patch of the
# change made by r3498 on the tag,
# applied to local workspace
svn merge -c -3498 ^/tags/3.0.0_rc1_gml3.1

# see local files changed by the reverse-merge
svn stat

# see changes made by the reverse-merge
svn diff

# commit the changes
# (always record the revision being reverted)
svn commit -m "Reverted change committed in r3498."

Easy!

Kind regards,
Ben

Software Engineering Team Leader