[auscope-geosciml] Fw: GeoSciML @ OGC

Bruce.Simons at dpi.vic.gov.au Bruce.Simons at dpi.vic.gov.au
Sat Aug 28 17:57:33 EDT 2010

Hi GeoSciML team,
Peter Baumann has identified that we have a www.geosciml.org GeoSciML
subdirectory at http://www.opengis.net/
but not at http://schemas.opengis.net/.
In case of adoption by OGC the normative schema would likely go to
http://schemas.opengis.net . One of
the things to consider at Rome before approaching OGC is whether we want
to give this authority to OGC?

Cheers
Bruce

----- Forwarded by Bruce Simons/DPI/VICGOV1 on 29/08/2010 07:48 AM -----

Peter Baumann <p.baumann at jacobs-university.de>
28/08/2010 07:45 PM

cc
"Asch, Kristine" <Kristine.Asch at bgr.de>, "Broome, John"
<Broome at NRCan.gc.ca>, "Bruce.Simons at dpi.vic.gov.au"
<Bruce.Simons at dpi.vic.gov.au>, "Carlos Gabriel Asato, CGI"
<g_asato2000 at yahoo.com>, "Francois Robida, BRGM" <f.robida at brgm.fr>, "Ian
Jackson (E-Mail)" <i.jackson at bgs.ac.uk>, Koji Wakita
<koji-wakita at aist.go.jp>, "percyd at pdx.edu" <percyd at pdx.edu>,
cgisecretariat <cgisecretariat at bgs.ac.uk>
Subject
GeoSciML @ OGC

Dear all,

first, my apologies that I missed our joint dinner. Some unforeseen
"deep impact" had caught me.

Next, FYI: At http://www.opengis.net/ you find a GeoSciML subdirectory
linking to www.geosciml.org, but not at http://schemas.opengis.net/.
This may make sense for now, in case of an adoption by OGC the normative
schema likely would go to http://schemas.opengis.net . This is one of
the things to consider when approaching OGC: Do we want to give this
authority to OGC?

cheers,
Peter

PS: I lack the email address of Wang Jun, as I am on a trip. Waht do you
think about establishing an email reflector to avoid having to check all
addresses for completeness every time?

--
Dr. Peter Baumann
    mail: p.baumann at jacobs-university.de
    tel: +49-421-200-3178, fax: +49-421-200-493178
    www.rasdaman.com, mail: baumann at rasdaman.com
"Si forte in alienas manus oberraverit hec peregrina epistola incertis
ventis dimissa, sed Deo commendata, precamur ut ei reddatur cui soli
destinata, nec preripiat quisquam non sibi parata." (mail disclaimer, AD
10xx)

contained in this email.