[auscope-geosciml] Package dependencies in GeoSciML 3 UML model

Rob.Atkinson at csiro.au Rob.Atkinson at csiro.au
Sun Dec 5 17:29:08 EST 2010

Have found a few dependency issues in the UML model - probably not impacting on the schema generation process but definitely impacting on the integrity of the model itself.

1)      Dependency on Sensor ML v1.0 - this is the container package for the application schemas sweCommon and SensorML  - imports can only occur at for application schemas, and I think that the actual dependency is sweCommon

Talking with Bruce Simons, I've made changes to package dependency diagrams to fix this, shouldn't affect the schema generation process

2)      There are other, perhaps more serious, circular dependencies,

Using the HollowWorldHelper "Generate Package Dependencies Diagram on EarthMaterial we get:

A new connector has been created 'EarthMaterial -> Fossil' (A class link has been found between 'ParticleGeometryDescription' and 'Organism')

A new connector has been created 'EarthMaterial -> sweCommon' (An attribute data type reference has been found between attribute 'ChemicalComposition.chemicalAnalysis' and external class + 'DataRecord')

A new connector has been created 'EarthMaterial -> ISO 19115:2006 Metadata (Corrigendum)' (A class link has been found between 'EarthMaterial' and 'MD_Metadata')

A new connector has been created 'EarthMaterial -> GeoSciML-Core' (A class link has been found between 'AlterationDescription' and 'GeologicEvent')

A new connector has been created 'EarthMaterial -> CGI_Utilities' (A package link has been found between 'EarthMaterial' and 'CGI_Utilities')

A new connector has been created 'EarthMaterial -> PhysicalProperties' (A package link has been found between 'EarthMaterial' and 'PhysicalProperties')

Fixing these issues may actually change model and schema generation process, so I've left them alone at this point.

Rob Atkinson
Research Scientist
CSIRO Land &Water

Mob: 0419 202973