[auscope-geosciml] EarthMaterial - GeoSciML-Core package dependencies - a major problem [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au
Mon Dec 6 00:53:28 EST 2010

I'm not comfortable removing RockMaterial from EarthMaterial, especially if we leave Mineral behind in EM.

An alternative solution is to leave the classes where they are, but reverse the direction of the current alterationEvent and metamorphicEvent associations (see highlighted bits in the attached diagram).  ie, rather than "alteration type A occurred during alteration event B", it would read "alteration event B produced alteration type A".  This would include constraints placed on the associations to ensure that only alteration events are associated with alteration description, and only metamorphic events with metamorphic descriptions (These constraints are required in the current situation anyway).

Comments?