[auscope-geosciml] EarthMaterial - GeoSciML-Core package dependencies - a major problem [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Bruce.Simons at dpi.vic.gov.au Bruce.Simons at dpi.vic.gov.au
Mon Dec 6 16:30:41 EST 2010

I agree that the EarthMaterial package should be kept together.

Logically I would like to see a separate Application Schema for
GeologicFeature (including MappedFeature, GeologicUnit and
GeologicStructure) with GeoSciML-Core containing EarthMaterial,
GeologicAge, GeologicRelation, Metadata and Collection.

This probably doesn't solve the dependency problem but will prove more
sustainable.

Regarding the changed direction of the GeologicEvent alteration and
metamorphic descriptions, yes these are the wrong way. They should be from
the GeologicEvent to the description as you suggest (see other description
patterns). They should also be aggregations at the GeologicEvent end (the
DataType is dependent on the GeologicEvent).