[auscope-geosciml] CGI_Utilities PrimitiveTypes package [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Stephen M Richard steve.richard at azgs.az.gov
Tue Dec 14 01:32:26 EST 2010

TimeOrdinalEra/name does need a capability for language localization.
The problem with making it a controlled concept byReference is capturing
the part/whole composition relations (Miocene is part of Cenozoic) and
the ordering relations, which work through TOE boundaries. One option
would be to make TOE a feature type and use geologic feature relations,
but I think that would require changing models outside of our stewardship.

Probably need to leave it like it is; maybe just include the
localizedGenericName in the GeoTime model?
steve