[auscope-geosciml] GeoSciML Ages: Upper/Lower or Early/Late?

Bruce.Simons at dpi.vic.gov.au Bruce.Simons at dpi.vic.gov.au
Wed Dec 22 23:04:37 EST 2010

Mineral Resources Tasmania (MRT) are currently configuring their GeoSciML
geology WFS and have identified a potential conflict between GeoSciML age
term usage and the ICS usage, with GeoSciML using "Early" and "Late',
whereas the International Stratigraphic Chart uses "Lower" and "Upper".

I'm unsure where MRT have obtained their 'age' vocabularies (BRGM
vocabulary service perhaps?) as the latest CGI Vocabulary I can find uses
"Lower" and "Upper"
(
https://www.seegrid.csiro.au/subversion/CGI_CDTGVocabulary/trunk/Vocabulary200811.x/SKOSVocabularies/ICS_TimeScale2008.rdf
).

Is there an Excel version of this age vocabulary available on the Wiki
somewhere?

Also, can the providers of the vocabulary services check that their
services are using ICS "Upper" and "Lower" terms?

contained in this email.