[Auscope-geosciml] UML for ISO metadata proxy classes for GeoSciML3 [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au
Wed Mar 3 22:04:13 EST 2010

Thanks Rob.  I am doing exactly as you describe.

I am creating a small simple GML3.1 version of ISO19115 containing only the few classes we are interested in.  (I could have just mapped all ISO19115 references in GeoSciML3 to text strings and avoided using a proxy schema altogether, but we want our GML3.1 GeoSciML3 implementation to be a bit more sophisticated and closer in testing to the real GML3.2 implementation of GeoSciML3 that will come later).

Where Simon might be anxious is that I have stored the ISO19115_Proxy files in the GeoSciML svn.  This was just a matter of convenience as I don’t think I have write permissions anywhere else on the svn.  I am very happy to move the ISO19115_Proxy XMI file to another svn location outside the GeoSciML svn (like we have done with the vocabulary files).  I’ll talk to Gilly about that?

Please be reassured that the ISO19115_Proxy app schema is ***NOT*** part of the GeoSciML model UML.  It is a separate package outside GeoSciML.

As advised by you and Simon, the GeoSciML3 UML contains only references to the real ISO19115 classes.  The GML3.1 implementation of GeoSciML3 will be created by FullMoon using a local classmap to point to our proxy ISO19115 classes.

I hope that clears up any misunderstandings.

National Advice,  Maps and Standards Project

Ph: (02) 62499575 | Fax: (02) 62499992 | Email: Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au
Web:  http://www.ga.gov.au/minerals/research/national/nat_maps/nat_geol_maps.jsp<http://www.ga.gov.au/geoscience/national>

Google Map<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=canberra+australia&ie=UTF8&ll=-35.344028,149.158362&spn=0.007684,0.016404&t=h&z=17&iwloc=addr&om=1>

-- This message was created with 100% recycled electrons --