[Auscope-geosciml] UML for ISO metadata proxy classes for GeoSciML3 [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

stephen richard smrtucson at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 00:07:23 EST 2010

So Rob pointed out the ISO19139 schema at
https://www.seegrid.csiro.au/subversion/xmml/tags/20060901/iso19139/gml3.1.1version/

I looked at these, and they do validate with gml3.1.1 (after removing
some #ISO-8601 default values, using xmlSpy 2005), so is this what we
would point the classMaps at? Don't we just need a classmap that will
point the implementation of MD_Metadata in Geosciml-core/Metadata at the
ISO19139 gml3.1.1 valid gmd:MD_Metadata element?

steve

On 3/3/2010 8:04 PM, Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au wrote:

> Thanks Rob.  I am doing exactly as you describe.
>
> I am creating a small simple GML3.1 version of ISO19115 containing
> only the few classes we are interested in.  (I could have just mapped
> all ISO19115 references in GeoSciML3 to text strings and avoided using
> a proxy schema altogether, but we want our GML3.1 GeoSciML3
> implementation to be a bit more sophisticated and closer in testing to
> the real GML3.2 implementation of GeoSciML3 that will come later).
>
> Where Simon might be anxious is that I have stored the ISO19115_Proxy
> files in the GeoSciML svn.  This was just a matter of convenience as I
> don’t think I have write permissions anywhere else on the svn.  I am
> very happy to move the ISO19115_Proxy XMI file to another svn location
> outside the GeoSciML svn (like we have done with the vocabulary
> files).  I’ll talk to Gilly about that?
>
> Please be reassured that the ISO19115_Proxy app schema is ***NOT***
> part of the GeoSciML model UML.  It is a separate package outside
> GeoSciML.
>
> As advised by you and Simon, the GeoSciML3 UML contains only
> references to the real ISO19115 classes.  The GML3.1 implementation of
> GeoSciML3 will be created by FullMoon using a local classmap to point
> to our proxy ISO19115 classes.
>
> I hope that clears up any misunderstandings.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ollie
>
> /------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------/
>
> /Ollie Raymond
> National Advice,  Maps and Standards Project/
>
> */Geoscience /**/Australia/*
>
> */ /*
>
> *Address:* GPO Box 378, Canberra, ACT, 2601, Australia *|* *ABN:* 80
> 091 799 039
>
> *Ph:* (02) 62499575 *|* *Fax:* (02) 62499992 *|* *Email:
> *Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au
>
> *Web:*
> http://www.ga.gov.au/minerals/research/national/nat_maps/nat_geol_maps.jsp
>
> *Google Map
> <http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=canberra+australia&ie=UTF8&ll=-35.344028,149.158362&spn=0.007684,0.016404&t=h&z=17&iwloc=addr&om=1>
> *
>
> -- This message was created with 100% recycled electrons --

snip