[Auscope-geosciml] The new O&M model and its relations to GSML3, MOLES, and testbeds [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au
Tue Mar 9 00:46:56 EST 2010

Hi Simon and FullMoon folk,

I'm looking at the requirements for us to generate a testbed GeoSciML3 schema from the UML which uses the latest new O&M2 model.  Our GSML3 borehole and laboratory analysis packages (and the MOLES model too) currently use links to the new O&M2 model.

I note that the FullMoon-HollowWorld classmaps (https://www.seegrid.csiro.au/subversion/HollowWorld/trunk/ClassMaps/ClassMap_Sampling_Core_GML32.xml, .../ClassMap_Observation_Core_GML32.xml and .../ClassMap_Specimen_GML32.xml) map the new O&M2 and Sampling classes to old O&M classes because there is no O&M2 schema yet.  There are some things in these classmaps which may need to be edited before we can produce our GeoSciML3 schema:

  1. there is no class mapping for OM_Process - do we need to add this to the Observation_Core classmap?  We (and MOLES) have classes which extend OM_Process.  Is a class mapping for OM_Process not required?
  2. there are mappings for OM_ObservationCollection, and SurveyProcedure in the classmaps but they have been removed from the O&M2 UML model.  Not sure why they are in the O&M2 classmaps?
  3. the O&M2 classmaps import GML3.2, but do we need to make copies of the O&M2 classmaps that import GML3.1 to generate our GML3.1-compliant GeoSciML3 testbed schema?

Hope you can help.

National Advice,  Maps and Standards Project

Ph: (02) 62499575 | Fax: (02) 62499992 | Email: Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au
Web:  http://www.ga.gov.au/minerals/research/national/nat_maps/nat_geol_maps.jsp<http://www.ga.gov.au/geoscience/national>

Google Map<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=canberra+australia&ie=UTF8&ll=-35.344028,149.158362&spn=0.007684,0.016404&t=h&z=17&iwloc=addr&om=1>

-- This message was created with 100% recycled electrons --