[Auscope-geosciml] Event type vocabulary? [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Bruce.Simons at dpi.vic.gov.au Bruce.Simons at dpi.vic.gov.au
Tue Mar 16 22:09:33 EDT 2010

Ollie,
GSV has implemented a vocabulary for eventType. The GGIC (when GGIPAC) had
a draft voacbulary based on these.  I've attached both as a spreadsheet
for consideration.

Cheers
Bruce

GeoScience Victoria
AuScope Grid
Australian Spatial Research Data Commons

<Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au>
Sent by: auscope-geosciml-bounces at lists.arcs.org.au
16/03/2010 11:46 AM
Please respond to
auscope-geosciml at lists.arcs.org.au

<auscope-geosciml at lists.arcs.org.au>
cc

Subject
[Auscope-geosciml] Event type vocabulary? [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Hi Steve et al,

Does anyone have a vocabulary for GeologicEvent/eventType?  There is not
one in the list of CGI vocabularies and we will need one because eventType
is a ScopedName.  I presume the vocabulary would be a broad categorisation
of events, something like:

sedimentary
igneous
metamorphic
tectonic
hydrothermal
biological
atmospheric
etc

OK?

National Advice, Maps and Standards Project
Geoscience Australia

GeoSciML Design Group
IUGS Commission for the Management and Application of Geoscience
Information

Ph: +61 2 62499575 | Fax: +61 2 62499992 | Email: Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au
| Google Map
National geological maps