[Auscope-geosciml] HTTP URIs as identifiers in Testbed 4 Web Services

Alistair Ritchie alistair.bh.ritchie at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 22:04:54 EDT 2010

Hi Everyone

There has been discussion about the use of HTTP URIs as identifers for
features. Testbed 4 seems like a good opportunity to test their use and
finally resolve URN issues that have plagued us for some time.

I've therefore put together a proposal for the use of HTTP URIs in GeoSciML
Testbed 4 services and posted it on the TWiki. Pretty much the entire
proposal has synthesised what I've read in previous email threads or
accompanying documentation. (Mistakes and misinterpretations are all my
fault.)

The proposal is here:
https://www.seegrid.csiro.au/twiki/bin/view/CGIModel/PersistentIdentifiersInGeoSciMLServices

Discussion is here:
https://www.seegrid.csiro.au/twiki/bin/view/CGIModel/PersistentIdentifiersInGeoSciMLServicesDiscussion

I'd be grateful is we could keep discussion on the discussion page and only
update the proposal page as decisions are made. That way it is a clean
resource that can be referred to with minimal confusion as we implement.

Thoughts

Alistair

Alistair Ritchie
GEOSCIENCE VICTORIA | EARTH RESOURCES DIVISION
Department of Primary Industries | Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Tel: +61 3 9658 4512 | Fax: +61 3 9658 4555