[auscope-geosciml] RE : reference to ISO19139 in GeoSciML 2.1 [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au
Wed Oct 6 22:56:53 EDT 2010

Hi Ben, Francois,

Crikey! Confusion reigns.

1.  Steve's email is about the GSML v3 RC testing schemas only.  It is irrelevant to GeoSciML version 2.x.  The use of GML3.1 and an ISO proxy schema is only for GeoSciML v3 testing.  The final GeoSciML v3 schemas will refer to GML3.2 and the true ISO 19139 schemas.

2.  Only the test GeoSciML v3 RC schemas refer to subversion locations.  All final released schemas refer to www.geosciml.org<http://www.geosciml.org/> locations.

3.  GeoSciML v2.1 is a released schema, not a RC.  It uses GML3.1 only.

Hope that clears up everything,

National Advice, Maps and Data Standards Project
Geoscience Australia

GeoSciML Design Group

Ph: +61 2 62499575 | Fax: +61 2 62499992 | Email: Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au<mailto:Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au> | Google Map<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=canberra+australia&ie=UTF8&ll=-35.344028,149.158362&spn=0.007684,0.016404&t=h&z=17&iwloc=addr&om=1>
National geological maps  http://www.ga.gov.au/minerals/research/national/nat_maps/nat_geol_maps.jsp
Geoscience Australia web services  http://www.ga.gov.au/resources/applications/ogc-wms.jsp