[auscope-geosciml] RE : RE : reference to ISO19139 in GeoSciML 2.1 [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Létourneau, François Francois.Letourneau at RNCan-NRCan.gc.ca
Thu Oct 7 06:01:01 EDT 2010

OK. so I'll wait for a consensus before doing anything in Fullmoon!

François

-------- Message d'origine--------
De: auscope-geosciml-bounces at lists.arcs.org.au de la part de Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au
Date: jeu. 2010-10-07 01:51
À: auscope-geosciml at lists.arcs.org.au
Objet : Re: [auscope-geosciml] RE :  reference to ISO19139 in GeoSciML 2.1 [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Ah, now I see what Steve is getting at....  the title is not so misleading after all.

Yes, there is

        <import namespace="http://www.isotc211.org/2005/gmd"    schemaLocation="http://schemas.opengis.net/iso/19139/20070417/gmd/gmd.xsd"/>

in the GeoSciML v2.x schemas.  However, in practice this import is never materialised in a GeoSciML v2.x web service, because all associations to ISO 19139 metadata elements in GeoSciML v2.x are *byReference*.  The inability to access the ISO 19139 schemas was recognised back in the GeoSciML v2 days, and the "byReference" solution was how we got around it. (Bruce or Simon may have a better recollection of this).

Sorry if I muddied the water a bit earlier.  Hopefully I've cleaned it up again.