[auscope-geosciml] RE : reference to ISO19139 in GeoSciML 2.1 [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Ben Caradoc-Davies Ben.Caradoc-Davies at csiro.au
Thu Oct 7 23:05:14 EDT 2010

On 08/10/10 06:37, Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au wrote:
> 1.  The ISO19139 import in GeoSciML v2 is not an unused import.  The import is required for the GeoSciML v2 schemas to validate because they refer to ISO19139 MD_Metadata elements, even though those elements are "byReference" and can't be encoded inline.

Are you sure that the import is required if the gmd elements are used
only in appinfo? I do not think appinfo is validated. I thought it only
had to be well formed. The gmd reference is in the text content of the
element as well.

This is valid:
http://www.geosciml.org/geosciml/2.0/xsd/geologicFeature.xsd

Kind regards,