[auscope-geosciml] RE : reference to ISO19139 in GeoSciML 2.1 [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Stephen M Richard steve.richard at azgs.az.gov
Fri Oct 8 01:28:40 EDT 2010

  Yes, the 2.1.1 schemas  on GeoSciML.org do carry the problem with the
references to the 2007 gmd schema that uses 3.2, and that could be
easily fixed by editing the xsds. This would result in usable schema (we
ran into the problem trying to load the schema in Visual Studio to work
on some client software).

about breaking the rules on versioning... hmm--tough one.  The gsml
namespace URI is still urn:cgi:xmlns:CGI:GeoSciML:2.1.1, and the OGE
docs use
urn:cgi:xmlns:CGI:GeoSciML:2.0 and urn:cgi:xmlns:CGI:GeoSciML:2.1.

I thought a minor release increment did not have to be backward
compatible with previous minor releases.  Why can't we use 2.2?

steve