[auscope-geosciml] GeoSciML v3 RC2 model [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Bruce.Simons at dpi.vic.gov.au Bruce.Simons at dpi.vic.gov.au
Fri Oct 29 01:13:22 EDT 2010

Hi Ollie,
All loaded and updated correctly - first time.  I think this is a first
for me.
Well done.

From:   <Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au>
To:     <auscope-geosciml at lists.arcs.org.au>
Date:   29/10/2010 12:16 AM
Subject:        [auscope-geosciml] GeoSciML v3 RC2 model
[SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
Sent by:        auscope-geosciml-bounces at lists.arcs.org.au

Hi all,

Following a small struggle to get the new EarthMaterial package to sync
properly with svn (my apologies for the "www-data" email storm), it is all
completed now and it is safe to reload the GeoSciML trunk model into
Enterprise Architect. When you reload the parent GeoSciML package, there
should be a new Earth Material package underneath it.

The only minor hitch in creating the new EM schema was the
DescriptionPurpose codelist which is used by both EM and GeologicFeature
and caused a circular dependency between the 2 schemas, so I took the
unilateral decision to move it into CGI_Utilities.  As far as a I can tell
right now, the RC2 (trunk) model and classMaps are now complete apart from
2 outstanding items from Rome - items 11 and 12 on the Model agenda
concerning borehole surveys and vector - both of which I have recently
poked Gilly about.

Please cast your eyes over the trunk UML and the classMaps before I let
loose Francois and FullMoon.  I am sure there will be little things that I
have overlooked.

National Advice, Maps and Data Standards Project
Geoscience Australia

GeoSciML Design Group
IUGS Commission for the Management and Application of Geoscience
Information

Ph: +61 2 62499575 | Fax: +61 2 62499992 | Email: Oliver.Raymond at ga.gov.au
| Google Map
National geological maps