[auscope-geosciml] ParticleGeometryDescription

Wed Sep 8 11:07:08 EDT 2010

would these terms be "sand, silt, mud, clay" etc.. ?

I remember a discussion with Bruce Johnson and Boyan Brodaric where is was argued that these terms are actually EarthMaterial.

De : auscope-geosciml-bounces at lists.arcs.org.au [mailto:auscope-geosciml-bounces at lists.arcs.org.au] De la part de Laxton, John L
Envoyé : 8 septembre 2010 11:04
À : auscope-geosciml at lists.arcs.org.au
Objet : [auscope-geosciml] ParticleGeometryDescription

Folks,

A project for distributing marine geological data which is looking at using GeoSciML wants to be able to use terms to describe particle size. Could we add another attribute to ParticleGeometryDescription to allow for this: sizeTerm CGI_Term [0..1]? I think we discussed this briefly in Rome but with no conclusion....

Thanks.