[auscope-geosciml] MappedFeature specification has inline element content

Sen, Marcus A mase at bgs.ac.uk
Thu Sep 9 03:38:41 EDT 2010

I've just noticed the following rule at https://www.seegrid.csiro.au/twiki/bin/view/CGIModel/GeoSciML3SchematronRules:

RULE: MappedFeature.specification is has inline element content.

In Testbed 3 one of the bits of functionality that Eric's GIN mediator system did and that we got Snowflake software to implement was to be able to return MappedFeatures where the first occurrence of a MappedFeature with a specification of a particular GeologicUnit was inline but subsequent occurrences of MappedFeatures with a specification of the same GeologicUnit had this by internal reference to the first inline reference. We've been looking at using the WFS2 additionalObjects container to hold things like GeologicUnits which might be pointed to by multiple MappedFeatures.

Was it decided to do things differently in Rome?