[auscope-geosciml] RE : Another WFS gap

Thu Sep 9 05:22:24 EDT 2010

>Don't you just configure your WFS to return an EarthResourceML or GWML
>Schema (which presumably import GeoSciML) if you want your service to
>return EarthResourceML or GWML features? Or if you want both just return
>a wrapper Schema which imports both (or any number of required Schemas).

That's what the GIN mediator does, but it has been qualified as a hack.

> I personally haven't seen any clients yet which actually help to build
a query from analysing a Schema. I would be really interested to see
one if you have one, or are you thinking more of possible future
developments?

We are working on one.  We already have a web service that provides a path builder with relevant information from a given element

eg:

MappedFeature

http://ngwd-bdnes.cits.nrcan.gc.ca:8080/SchemaDescription/SchemaService?request=GetSchemaInformation&element=MappedFeature&ns=urn:cgi:xmlns:CGI:GeoSciML-Core:3.0.0&schema=GeoSciML30

GeologicUnit

http://ngwd-bdnes.cits.nrcan.gc.ca:8080/SchemaDescription/SchemaService?request=GetSchemaInformation&element=GeologicUnit&ns=urn:cgi:xmlns:CGI:GeoSciML-Core:3.0.0&schema=GeoSciML30 <http://ngwd-bdnes.cits.nrcan.gc.ca:8080/SchemaDescription/SchemaService?request=GetSchemaInformation&element=GeologicUnit&ns=urn:cgi:xmlns:CGI:GeoSciML-Core:3.0.0&schema=GeoSciML30>

will tell you what are the possible next steps from MappedFeature, along with documentation that can be shown to user. It also resolve the substitutions for you.  This is also part of the next version of the mediator that will handle polymorphism dynamically.

De: auscope-geosciml-bounces at lists.arcs.org.au de la part de Sen, Marcus A
Date: jeu. 2010-09-09 03:52
À: auscope-geosciml at lists.arcs.org.au
Objet : Re: [auscope-geosciml] Another WFS gap

I think you've already pointed out in the past that getting a custom
Schema response specifically to describe a particular feature type would
be a lot of work, so mostly we're all just returning some big general
Schema which includes all the feature types we might want to serve.