[auscope-geosciml] GeoSciML Thematic View schema - call for feedback

Laxton, John L jll at bgs.ac.uk
Thu Sep 23 05:58:48 EDT 2010

Hi Alistair,

A couple of comments on this as requested:

1.      I think we need a faultType thematic map class in the ShearDisplacementStructure view

2.      I think in the GeologicUnit view gsmltv:type would be better named gsmltv:title as that it what it is as I understand it – it isn’t really holding information on the type of GeologicUnit

3.      I agree that gsmltv:identifier should be unique to the thematic view – areas are likely to be combined in thematic views so won’t necessarily relate directly to the originating MappedFeatures.

Could you clarify what you mean when you say this is not for setting up a simple GeoSciML WFS? Surely it is for setting up a simple WFS amongst other things.

John