[auscope-geosciml] GeoSciML Thematic View schema - call for feedback

Alistair Ritchie alistair.bh.ritchie at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 19:55:30 EDT 2010

Thanks Steve

An example from one of GSV's development WMSs is as follows:

*LITHOLOGY:*
*Format*: [lithology label], [proportion]; [lithology label], [proportion];
*Example*: 'mudstone, dominant; sandstone, minor'

*GEOLOGIC HISTORY:*
*Format*: [oldest age] to [youngest age], [process] - [environment]; [oldest
age] to [youngest age], [process] - [environment]; ...
*Example*: 'Early Cambrian to Late Cambrian, turbidity current - deep
sea, Cambrian
to Silurian, orogenic metamorphism - convergent plate boundary'

Question: do we mandate a format for these labels, or do we allow each
service provider to determine the best way to present their data? Because
they are just labels, not searchable data, I'm inclined towards the latter.

Cheers
Alistair

*Alistair Ritchie*
*GEOSCIENCE VICTORIA* | EARTH RESOURCES DIVISION
Department of Primary Industries | Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Tel: +61 3 9658 4512 | Fax: +61 3 9658 4555